Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger is back to normal *sighs*



They say- "you realize things' worth when they part off you." Well, today I really realized how much I love my blog. I could simply feel it in every bit of me- The pain of not being able to make a post when you're really eager and itchy to write down something and showcase it to you friends and everyone across the seven seas. I missed my blog like never before within these 10-15 hours when I actually thought of writing an article and tried to reach the Blogger Dashboard to finally realize that it was down without a clue for maintenance.


When it all began-


I actually felt so bored and useless all day long alone at home today (my parents are off station), that even though my exams are on, I kept this Blogger page open alongside on my browser and kept refreshing it every now and then to see if it was back and alive, and finally at around 10:30 IST, I could see the miracle happen. It was up!

While it was out of service I felt so pissed that I even made a silly post on my facebook wall that said-
"Blogger is down...
...And I feel dejected! :/"

The pain was laterally shared by every Blogger blogger and was evident via the continuous downpour of comments and posts on the Blogger Help forum.

What actually happened:


Blogger went down for a reported Twenty & a Half hours. Blogger Status page was posting updates regarding the whole incident and even responded to some users asking when it would be up again. When it was back up and working, the Blogger Buzz blog had this to say about the downtime-
"During scheduled maintenance work Wednesday night, we experienced some data corruption that impacted Blogger’s behavior. Since then, bloggers and readers may have experienced a variety of anomalies including intermittent outages, disappearing posts, and arriving at unintended blogs or error pages. A small subset of Blogger users (we estimate 0.16%) may have encountered additional problems specific to their accounts. Yesterday we returned Blogger to a pre-maintenance state and placed the service in read-only mode while we worked on restoring all content: that’s why you haven’t been able to publish.  We rolled back to a version of Blogger as of Wednesday May 11th, so your posts since then were temporarily removed. Those are the posts that we’re in the progress of restoring."
Blogger apologized to it's users for the unannounced downtime and reassured that such calamities won't be seen again, at least in the near future. Hope we don't suffer any further heartbreaks and may this romantic relation continue on forever. Till the next post, cheers. :)


Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

blog comments powered by Disqus